Then my dome immediately cries:
"Don't make it an official series, you'll never follow up with another post in it."
Then another voice says:
"So what? Running a blog means making and following or NOT your OWN rules."
Then another voice says:
Wait, that last one may have been one of my kids.
Anyhoo, the great thing about having smallish/newish blog (you didn't know I was Newish, did you? I don't even look like it) is hardly anyone will see my grand declarations and even less people will actually call me out on it. Lizzi might call me out on it, she's a good friend like that, but if she does it will be for my own benefit. Probably.
Here are a few silly things I learned the hard way in the past few weeks. Some I may have already known, but clearly not well enough so as not to repeat the mistake. Again.
1. When making pancakes, or probably anything with flour, when the recipe calls for liquid and you ADD fruit that is not in the recipe, guess what? Yes, the batter will be more liquid from the fruit. Duh.
2. Yes, there IS a difference between baking soda and baking powder. Why did I think for even one minute they were the same? I'm blaming "Hypothyroid Brain Fog" which I read about on the internet, so it must be a real thing. Here is what happens when you make "simple" oatmeal cookies with baking soda instead of baking powder. You birth Oatmeal Cookie Bark and there is a reason that is not a thing. It's a pain in the hams to eat it.
|NOT A THING NOT A THING NOT A THING NOT A THING|
|Happy Birthday! This looks like pancakes! NOT PANCAKES|
4. Thankfully I know myself pretty well, I had back-up boxed cake mix we were able to bang out that day and I had done a test run of the decoration on TOP that my daughter wanted, HOWEVER of course I used all of the black icing (for the outline of the face) on the test cake, and did not purchase another for the actual cake. It turned out fine, Lola turned 4 and she wanted a "Randall cake" from Monsters Inc., she loved it, we loved not spending $50 on a bakery cake, so s'allgood.
|NOT....THAT BAD I GUESS FOR SOMETHING I DID|
5. This is the kind of crapola I would normally post to social media, so I'm thankful Facebook has been greedily suppressing business page posts and driving me to Blogger more.
6. I'm thankful I got TWO drafts finished up enough to hit "Publish" including this one, and one I started last week about my being okay with getting older. And Lamer. And yes, a little teensy bit wiser. From aallll the learning the hard way.
7. I'm thankful we're feeling better after a couple of days of 2 toddlers having a gross stomach bug. They bounced back pretty quickly. I talk a LITTLE bit (not gross) about it in the post I got up today.
8. So glad their dad and I haven't gotten it too badly yet. *knocks wood metaphorically*
My husband even bought me this Vitamin B12, after suggesting I get a Vitamin B shot. Yep that was a hint. I'm so old-lady tired lately.
I was thankful, even when he said:
"Ask me what the B stands for!" He's not wrong, I immediately took TWO.
9. Thankful Lizzi encouraged me to bang out this list, even if just this once I may not be able to hop around as much as I'd like, because everything else in life gets put on hold when you have sick kids. It's a glorious Snuggle-fest,
|The baby kept playing w/Lola's hair and she didn't even fuss about it!|
10. Thankful my husband isn't making me feel about all the gross messiness, and he even took them AWAY today to play so I could take a nap. It's the ONLY reason I'm awake at this moment! Not for much longer, but it's 10pm and that's my witching hour if not for naps.
This is a quick but legit (Lizzi said so nyah-nyah) entry into the greatest blogging community possibly of ALL TIME, the Ten Things of Thankful. Click here to join, think of ANY 10 things you're thankful for and let us know! They don't have to be impressively bad Pinterest baking fails!