|RIGHT?! Why are you still sitting there? |
Okay yeah, drinks.
Mayhaps it's all the rainbows, or Irish whiskey or green beer, I dunno but March is just so fully of happy:
1. Weather getting warmer!
2. Green BEER!
3. #Greenvember, which never did become a thing, btw.
|SUGAR RIM. Wasn't that your|
nickname in college?
from ohmy-creative's Pinterest
4. Spring is rainbow season, especially on the Pinterest.
Recipes, crafts, all kinds of rainbows everywhere, it's like Pinterest is on LSD, or ecstasy or Molly or that "little yellow pill" Mrs. Robinson used to keep in her pantry with her cupcakes. Kookookachoo. Jeez Joy, sound older.
Anyway you whipper snappers, look at this Pinterest screen shot, is this not an eye-gasm? Just me?
Rainbows make me, as my Lola used to say "so much happy."
|Screen shot of my Pinterest search for "Rainbow" SO MONEY.|
5. I'm thankful I was able to put some blog posts up again. With words, and actual feels, not just wacky pictures for a change. Being well rested and not having the 5am wake-up call yet this week (I wrote this before Thursday and Friday when I did have that punch to my soul) have allowed me to get a little bit of writing started and finished enough to post for once! VICTOREEEY!
6. Thankful that with Age Comes Comfy, as I've blogged about this past week, because that and a nudist were able to keep my son alive when he pulled another teenism Wednesday morning. Click here, if you're curious about the back story on that.
7. Did you see the Target Photoshop fail that went viral, apparently? Check out the picture below, they tried to make JUNIOR models look thinner by apparently trying to add a thigh gap (whatever the fresh fudge that is) and make their already thin arms even more thin. Look how bad this picture turned out.
I feel ZERO guilt about laughing at these ass napkins. Zero. And I even took the time to send an email to Target (I'm sure it'll crush their collective vapid souls and turn this whole shallow world RIGHT AROUND) how heart-breaking the whole idea of Photoshopping junior models is. Even before I became a mother of 2 girls, even at the peak of my stupid ignorance of life, even *I* know this is such a shitty message to send to young girls. Or any girls. Or any person.
Also, seriously what IS a thigh gap? It's not anything my people have ever heard of.
|Another impossible media image for young women to attain. The URL of this photo says it all:|
Oops almost forgot, this is part of a whole community of thankful, oddly enough called "Ten Things of Thankful." Click here to link up and tell us 10 things you're thankful for.
8. I found these pillows that look like rocks. If you're thinking "Big whoop" you probably don't get most of what I write about. I picture my kids having a huge rock-pillow fight in a ROOM full of rock pillows. Then I picture fashioning toga-style dresses from bed sheets and filming our own Flintstones movie.
|from toxel.com link below. You KNOW you want a rock pillow.|
9. I'm over the moon thankful excited that my husband is taking a business trip in June! Near Boston, if anyone has any cheap touristy ideas I can do by myself while he's in meetings. His company was bought out and he hadn't gone on one in quite awhile. Why would this make me excited?
We do this thing where I sneak in and steal a mini vacation out of his business trips. We use the credit cards to buy groceries, and try to pay them down as quickly as possible, then use those points for my airfare. His company pays for the hotel, his airfare, and all the meals. I usually only have to buy a few small meals the whole time, and then *voila* free mini vacation. Hey, we're on practically one income, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
10. Thankful once again for Lizzi, who told me how annoying my columns were. Not just the rambly words, the actual width of the columns. I like real feedback like that, I'm ignorant to that kind of thing. Then I made them too wide, and now I don't know. Are they okay? I fiddled with them again, but I feel like they're still too wide. I welcome any feedback. I can take it. I've sucked at a lot of stuff for a long time. It's kind of my thing.